Wednesday 10 August 2011

Hope everyone is having a lovely summer (although it's currently chucking it down here in Nottingham!).


It was the Society of Equestrian Artists annual exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London last week and I'm over the moon to have won the prize for the best sporting painting for my painting 'Huntsman & Hounds'. The painting was subsequently sold which is even better!


Now I'm working on paintings which will hopefully go to an exhibition at the Sally Mitchell Gallery in Tuxford (keep my fingers crossed they get in!). Hot off the easel is 'The Conversation'. A painting on one of the Masters of the Quorn hunt at their boxing day meet. It was a lovely bright day and I love the colours in the shadow of the chestnut horse.

It's the school summer hols so don't have a lot of free time, but will hopefully manage to get a couple more hunting paintings done in the next couple of weeks!

Best wishes

Hannah x









No comments:

Post a Comment